Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-13 13:39:29

cdysthe

Application opens instead of Thunar.

Hi,

I am using XFCE on Linux Mint. I am running Firefox with the "DownThemAll" download manager. When download is completed I can right click on the downloaded file in the DownThemAll" window and choose "Open directory". Thunar then opens the directory with the downloaded file. However, the other day I installed the program "EasyTag" which now opens instead of Thunar when I choose "Open Directory". If I uninstall EasyTag things go back to normal and Thunar opens. I am not able to figure out how EasyTag takes over from Thunar and if this is a DownThemAll/Firefox, GTK/Gnome, or XFCE problem. Does anyone know how these things work and how I can prevent EasyTag to take over opening in place of Thunar?

//C

#2 2008-10-26 14:44:55

eriefisher

Re: Application opens instead of Thunar.

Can you right click and select "Open with" and select "other". You should then be able to select thunar and set it as the default.

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#3 2008-10-26 15:32:14

cdysthe

Re: Application opens instead of Thunar.

eriefisher wrote:

Can you right click and select "Open with" and select "other". You should then be able to select thunar and set it as the default.

I can do what you describe for programs, but that won't solve that a program takes over for an action in Firefox: Opening the directory the downloaded file was save to as opposed to opening EasyTag. The problem is that EasyTag takes over for opening download directory. It's only this program doing it, so maybe the problem is EasyTag? It's hard to figure this out since there's four "suspects" here: Thunar/XFce, Firefox, Linix Mint or EasyTag.

//C

Board footer