Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-29 00:14:37

martintxo

Default umask for Thunar

Hello:

I need to default to a diferent umask for make new dirs in thunar. I'm using Debian/stable, with xfce 4.3.99 and Thunar 0.4.0rc1. In this environment all new dirs maked with thunar comes with permissions: drwxr-xr-x (umask 022) and I need to change it to drwxrwxr-x per dafault (umask 002). I test the same in a Debian/testing box, and I get the same :-/.

For accomplish this problem, I try some diferent ways:

- Set umask 002 in ~/.bash_profile. This only works for the X-shells.
- Change the default umask in /etc/profile and in /etc/login.def. No works for thunar.
- Use libpam-umask as said in /etc/login.def. No works, but maybe I don't understand well how  it works :-?.
- Tray to set umask 002 in: /usr/bin/startx, /usr/bin/startxfce4, ~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc ...

So, now I don't know how much can I try. There is some relation betwen my problem and Bug 3532 - Thunar mask restrictions on group and other (http://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3532)? (I don't understand well this one).

There is anybody that have change the default umask in thunar?. What's the trick?. Thanks in advance. Excuse my bad english. Greetings. Martintxo.

#2 2008-10-23 17:51:03

martintxo

Re: Default umask for Thunar

Board footer