Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-10 13:38:12

markh

"ACS" email notifier on Aspire One desktop

Hi,

First of all apologies for any foolish questions I ask - I know that my Acer Aspire One has a hacked-up version of Xfce, and that my query may well be nothing to do with "standard" Xfce, but even knowing that would be useful.

The AAO has a custom desktop with big sets of icons on it. This is configured through a file called "group-app.xml", which looks a bit like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xfdesktop>
    <upperbutton>/usr/share/desktop-directories/upperbutton.desktop</upperbutton>
        <setting exec="">/usr/share/desktop-directories/Settings.directory</setting>
        <help exec="">/usr/share/desktop-directories/help.directory</help>

...[cutting much stuff in <group> tags out]

<group>
       <id>5</id>
       <sequence>4</sequence>
       <directory_file exec="" tag_background="/usr/share/backgrounds/images/blue-bk-title.png">/usr/share/desktop-directories/Connect.directory</directory_file>
       <background_picture>/usr/share/backgrounds/images/blue-bk-large.png</background_picture>
     <app is_arrow="1" name="" sequence="-10">/usr/share/applications/blue-back.desktop</app>
         <app sequence="0">/usr/share/applications/linpus-web.desktop</app>
         <app sequence="1" acs="email">/usr/share/applications/tb.desktop</app>
...[cut many more app_sequence entries]
</group>
...and so on....

The bit I'm interested in is acs="email", which I've bolded. This was attached to the original Acer mail programme, and provided an email count (so it displayed Email (2) beneath the icon, for example). It no longer works now that I've changed to thunderbird. There's a file for an ACS plugin on my AAO, but I can't figure out how it works, and googling for ACS has got me nowhere. Could someone tell me if this is an Xfce feature, and therefore something I can try to get to work for thunderbird? Any clues or help will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

#2 2008-11-11 01:41:38

eriefisher

Re: "ACS" email notifier on Aspire One desktop

I assume this is for the kiosk type interface of the stock install. I'm not sure how it works but you might get some answers here:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#3 2008-11-11 07:33:03

markh

Re: "ACS" email notifier on Aspire One desktop

Thanks, but I tried there first smile That's why I was hoping here might know. Thanks for your help.

Board footer