Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-21 23:32:38

synaesthesia.08

xfce4 on acer aspire one restoring panel to default

im running linpus on an acer aspire one with xfce4 and i made the mistake of deleting panel1 under the panel manager which had all my icons for wireless, battery life etc. now i cant re-add them, there must be some difference between what acer did for this os and the documentation because i do not have the option to just add items onto the panel.

any ideas on how to restore the default panel1 settings or re-add the icons on this system, short of doing an os reinstall off the disk?

#2 2008-11-16 02:58:43

toymom

Re: xfce4 on acer aspire one restoring panel to default

I am interested in knowing the answer to this as well. I thin k I deleted panel 1 as well.

I have an acer aspire one, and I followed directions to change the appearance of my desktop, but now I have 2 icons on my taskbar that "have not been configured" and no battery, or network icons as stated above.

#3 2008-11-17 14:47:16

camilozeta

Re: xfce4 on acer aspire one restoring panel to default

Hi,

You should create a new panel and if you want to rebuild a Linpus one, you should press alt + f2 keys, then execute "xfce4-panel -a" command. It will open the panel edit mode, where you can add new items and change their order just by dragging and dropping them.

The items you will need to consider to rebuild a default panel are: Action Buttons, Clock, System Tray, Task List, Volume Control, Xfdesktop go home. You can experiment with other plugins as well.

Regards

Board footer