Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-12 09:25:03

microcz

smb:// in XFCE

I am dealing with this problem.... I have couple of Linux and Windows computers in my local network and one NAS HDD. During my work i want to easily move files between these computers and for example listen to a music or watch video from my NAS. But this is in xfce impossible, because i need local network neighbourhood mounted in my file system and this can't be done since fusesmb, smbnetfs etc. fails with message Transport endpoint is not connected, because of bug (or some feature who knows) in smbclient.
I can't use any additive, sh*tty smb browsers, because i want my programs to see mounted samba in filesystem so as i can set absolute path to music library in network etc.

I would really appreciate if would be integrated in xfce 4.6, working with network is today common task, please please, add it  smile

#2 2008-12-13 00:51:13

eriefisher

Re: smb:// in XFCE

I was getting the described issue with fusesmb as well. I switched to smbnetfs and have no issues anymore. I assumed fuse was the one with bugs.

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#3 2008-12-13 08:41:16

microcz

Re: smb:// in XFCE

the bug is somewhere in smbclient, because downgrading to smbclient 3.0 will fix the issue with fusesmb and smbnetfs (but downgrade is not valid solution, so i am not satisfied with that) .. related:http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=460572   ....if you download latest smbnetfs from its svn, you will probably realize, that it doesn't work too, it throws same exeption as fusesmb

Board footer