Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-07 16:10:52

version7x

Themes Keep Changing [SOLVED]

Bye the way... LOVING XFCE!

I have run in to one problem, however.  Each time I log in, the User Interface theme I have selected... is not used.  I have to go in to Xfce Settings manager, click "user interface preferences" and then unselect the theme i want (it still shows as the active one... but its not), and then re-select it again. 

If it matters, I'm using the Darklooks theme... and after a log out/log in... its not so dark looking smile.  For the most part, i believe the other themes are not affected.

Any suggestions?

#2 2009-01-09 16:41:33

TomE

Re: Themes Keep Changing [SOLVED]

Sound like you have a /home/user/.gtkrc-2.0 that is setting the theme on start up.
if you remove that file or remove any include line this will allow xfce to set the theme.

#3 2009-01-12 13:29:31

version7x

Thanks for the response!

That would make sense!  ... however I do not have a .gtkrc-2.0 file in my home directory at all!

$ ls ~/.gtk*
.gtk-bookmarks

One thing I have found, however is that it may actually be starting with the correct theme... and the problem is with the theme itself.

If i start with another theme and then select the Darklooks theme, it comes up in a light-not-very-dark-at-all-looks theme.  Its the same theme that shows up if I log in with Darklooks selected.  In both scenarios, I have to select another theme and then go back and re-select dark looks for it to... look dark.

This is very odd!

#4 2009-01-12 22:31:32

herd
Website

You don't seem to be the only one:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-themes … bug/215472

They first noted it in gutsy but failed to deliver a fix for hardy and intrepid.
We have to await jaunty and keep our fingers crossed...

#5 2009-01-13 03:16:52

eriefisher

herd wrote:

They first noted it in gutsy but failed to deliver a fix for hardy and intrepid.

This is exactly why I dumped *buntu and went back to Mepis/Debian....AntiX. The same issues/problems/breakage moving through versions. I got tired fixing the same ones over and over again as well as new ones.

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#6 2009-01-13 13:29:13

version7x

herd wrote:

You don't seem to be the only one:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-themes … bug/215472

Ah ha!  Well, cool and SUCK.  thanks for pointing me in the direction of the answer.  I guess theres always putting up with it for 4 months!

Board footer