Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-14 14:21:58

sonycdr

Problem using terminal

Hi, I doubt this is the correct section but there is no other fitting my needs.

I installed xfce4 without any problems and I really like the terminal, it's very minimalistic. Well better say I was happy with it until I came across some problems. I'm using a German keyboard layout and evdev for detecting my input devices. All those umlauts are working fine but the "control"-keys aren't! (I'm talking about Ins, Del, End, PgUp, PgDown and Home). After I typed something in and hit either Ins, Del, PgUp or PgDown the cursor jumps back to last char and switches it's case (eg a becomes to A). If I moved the cursor to the last char it turns this char and the previous one into the other case (eg au becomes to AU where the underlined char is the last char i entered). If I'm in the middle of the line and hit one of those keys the actual char changes the case and the cursor goes on forward (eg: abcd becomes to abCd). Also I can not delete any chars after this, only the onces i type afterwards...

Well hitting End or Home results into a newline and having a F (when hitting End) and H (when hitting Home) in that line written.
Eg: I type "echo 'test'" and then hit end it shows me:
"F          [Yes there are to blank chars after the F]
echo 'test'"
hitting return after this I get the output: "
zsh: command not found: F
test
"

Another problem I got is using ssh + screen.
When I'm on the remote host and hit "alt + right/left/top/down" arrow key I get C/D/A/B written into the shell. When I use windows + putty I don't have this problems

Has anyone else expected those problems.

Btw: I'm using archlinux Terminal 0.2.8.3 (Xfce 4.4.3)

#2 2009-02-15 20:59:26

sonycdr

Re: Problem using terminal

Someone got any idea or hint? sad

Board footer