Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-09 20:11:26

azurepancake

[SOLVED] No Icons for Certain Applications

After installing Arch and XFCE on my desktop computer, I installed the Rhythmbox media player from the Pacman repositories, including the Gstreamer packages and good/ugly/bad packages. One thing I've noticed is that several icons are missing and are replaced with a red 'X' icon in Rhythmbox. For example, the 'Random' and 'Change Visibility of Browser' icons are just a red X. I'm guessing this is because of a lack of icons installed on the system, and I'm curious on what to do to resolve the issue. I tried to install a another full-icon package, called 'Tango' :

# pacman -S tango-icon-theme tango-icon-theme-extras

Oddly enough, after downloading, I set it in the 'User Interface' section and started up Rhythmbox. Now all the icons are different, but the 'X' icons still exist, just a different style! All other icons load up just fine in XFCE.

This is really just a minor annoyance, but I'd still like to know how to fix it. If anyone has any advice, I will greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

#2 2009-02-11 15:41:40

mueller

Re: [SOLVED] No Icons for Certain Applications

Since Rythmbox is a Gnome-application it perhaps uses some Icons which are only provided by Gnome or any Gnome icon set.
Just a suggestion! Not a real solution for your problem.

#3 2009-02-11 23:59:43

herd
Website

This is correct.
The shuffle icon for rhythmbox on my system is:
/usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/media-playlist-shuffle.png.

If installing the gnome-icon-theme pulls too many dependencies, you can have these icons from the Rodent theme,
that should be a dependency of xfce.

have the following line in your .gtkrc:

gtk-fallback-icon-theme = "Rodent"

or any other icon theme that has a media-playlist-shuffle in it.

hth,

herd

#4 2009-02-15 08:30:26

azurepancake

Yep, installing the gnome-icon-theme worked the magic. Genius.

It had a couple dependencies, but was by no means a dependency hell. It had a 20MB installation size and the following dependencies:

perl-xml-simple-2.18-2 
icon-naming-utils-0.8.7-1       
gnome-icon-theme-2.24.0-1

Thank you very much for the advice! I now feel.. completed smile

Board footer