Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-03 22:01:36

xfcelav
Website

Problems with Xfce 4.6

Greetings to all forum members. Use Debian and I am loving Xfce. Recently I installed version 4.6 on version 4.4 and I have several things happened.

1 - When I try to turn off the PC using the button to turn off the new menu I get this error:

Org.xfce.SessionManager The name was not provided by any. Service files

2 - When I copy the file from any thing to the desktop, I have to update on the desktop to display the files.

3 - Many accessibility settings, notifications, among other things, I do not work, or not come to run.

4 - On the desktop I can not select multiple folders at once.

We appreciate your help, because Xfce is a framework that usaaré for life, and I found a solution.

url: blog.desdelinux.net
twt: @elavdeveloper

#2 2009-03-04 11:07:58

s0ulslack

Re: Problems with Xfce 4.6

Hrm, did you remove all the old 4.4 stuff?

1) Make sure xfce4-session is version 4.6.0
2) Make sure gamin or famd is installed (gamin is prefered)
3) Is xfce4-settings installed and the correct version? (4.6.0)
4) xfdesktop 4.4 didn't support "rubber banding" (selecting multiple files/folders with clicking and dragging), 4.6 does so make sure xfdesktop is the correct version too (again, 4.6.0)

Make sure all the 4.4 stuff is removed, it may cause some headache.

#3 2009-03-04 11:50:26

xfcelav
Website

Well friend, thanks for the reply but I'll tell you what I did. I installed Openbox, and log on by him, from within Openbox uninstall Xfce 4.4.2 and 4.6 installed and installed again and everything works perfectly me. Well, not everything, it still can not get thunar manages the desktop, I can not change the wallpaper or see the icons ..

Well friend, edited the comment above. The xfdesktop what I had to run manually, and I get the icons, but I can not even change the background image.

Here my screenshots

Update:
Everything works perfectly, as far as the desktop, but there are still things that I do not work well.
1 - No icons are updated automatically when you add an item to the desktop.
2 - Do not I get the dropdown menu to the right click option to use file-roller, squeeze or xarchiver (Extract here .. etc)
3- Otherwise. SLIM Prior to that she was only set up the / etc / xfce slim.conf and set as default desktop and went to the session without any problems. Now every time you start the computer I have to choose to enter F1 xfce ..
How can I make the system detects a Xfce as the default desktop?

#4 2009-03-05 19:36:46

s0ulslack

1) Again, install gamin or famd (gamin is preferred)
2) You'll probably need to install thunar-archive plugin (http://foo-projects.org/~benny/projects … index.html)
3) Not too sure, check the slim web site for help maybe if no one answers

#5 2009-03-05 19:55:44

xfcelav
Website

Friend. I did what you told me, Gamin installed and the only icons that are updated are the flash memory or external disks to mount and dismantle. If I create a folder from the file browser on the desktop, when I go to the desktop folder is not displayed until you press F5.
A page of the plugin I do not have access. So I can not download it, if someone was kind enough to send it to elavdeveloper at gmail. com are welcome.
A page of the plugin I do not have access. So I can not download it, if someone was kind enough to send it to elavdeveloper at gmail. com are welcome.

#6 2009-03-06 17:39:57

wlkngowl

For (1), I've switched from the gnome-power-manager to the xfce4-power-manager. Both handle things like the power button/laptop closing/etc.  Make sure the power manager is in autostarted applications (Settings -> Sessions).

#7 2009-03-06 17:57:24

xfcelav
Website

wlkngowl wrote:

For (1), I've switched from the gnome-power-manager to the xfce4-power-manager. Both handle things like the power button/laptop closing/etc.  Make sure the power manager is in autostarted applications (Settings -> Sessions).

This error is resolved... Look above

#8 2009-03-11 01:55:16

maplewang

Running on F10

One thing to note, if you simply go though the GUI to pick off the dependencies, you'll find a dependency on libwnck. The installer doesn't detect libwnck-devel as installed until libXres-devel is installed as well. That was a fun one to track down
see : http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1177153

Board footer