Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-22 12:49:16

fail

gnome-keyring-daemon not running even if "Launch gnome services" is checked.

Hello xfce community

This is my first time posting here, even though I have used xfce for years! Funny it took a milestone release for me to post here!  ;D

Ok, so here is what I am trying to do. I have a stored secret in gnome-keyring-manager for my wireless network, that works fine under gnome itself and even kde. In the previous release of xfce4 you could get gnome keyring (and a few good gnome applets) working by just going into  xfce4-settings-manager --> session and startup --> Advanced, and selecting "Launch GNOME services on startup".

This does not happen on startup, and I have verified that the checkbox is indeed checked. When I manually ran the 'gnome-keyring-manager' it reports that the gnome-keyring-daemon is not running. This makes me think that gnome services are not running.

I have no way of debugging this on xfce 4.6. Please help!

stats:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 (RHEL)
32 bit
xfce4.6

Could this be a bug?

#2 2009-03-28 19:52:44

fail

Re: gnome-keyring-daemon not running even if "Launch gnome services" is checked.

Nobody knows anything about this? I simply need some direction to look or go.  :?

#3 2009-04-01 17:37:58

herd
Website

Re: gnome-keyring-daemon not running even if "Launch gnome services" is checked.

Here on xubuntu the gnome-keyring-daemon seems to be launched from dbus;
Maybe it's the same with fedora?
Maybe you can add

/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon -d --login

to your autostarted applications?

I also had the same effect when using slim instead of gdm as login manager.

hth,

herd

Board footer