Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-22 08:27:22

mprimrose

Possible values for Channels/Properties in xfconf

Is it possible to determine what the complete set of defined channels/properties are with respect to xfconf in XFCE4.6 ?

The reason I ask is related to the Shutdown/ShowSupend and Shutdown/ShowHibernate properties mentioned in the forum earlier. These are default properties for the xfce4-session channel. However, without I suppose the mention of them by Brian Tarricone in the xfce-devs mailing list last year, how would we ever know that they actually existed, since they would not show up until they were defined by the user.

I would presume that the complete answer is to go through the code for XFCE4.6 and find where such things are defined, which, whilst interesting in its own right, is rather time consuming. I am rather hoping that there is a document somewhere that lists all the channels/properties that have been so far defined for XFCE4.6, but the document has so far eluded my search techniques.

The xfconf-query and xfce4-settings-editor are powerful ways of customising the XFCE desktop to suit individual requirements. However, it is rather difficult to use them to their full advantage if one has no idea of what tools there are available that one can't see at the moment.

I am rather hoping that someone can say heres a list or a command that will do it

xfconf-query -lc "channel-name"

will only work if you know the channel name in advance, so I'm back to knowing what I already know

Regards

Michael

#2 2009-03-25 00:54:53

mprimrose

Re: Possible values for Channels/Properties in xfconf

A page is now being set up in the XFCE Wiki that will show all the currently defined Channels and Properties through xconf, what their values are and a description of the practical meaning of the Channel/Property. The relevant link is

http://wiki.xfce.org/settings4.6#xfdesktop

Regards

Michael

Board footer