Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-10 02:12:33

Seryies

Top items in thunar's shortcuts side panel

Hi all,

How can i remove the user folder, wastebasket, desktop and file system shortcuts from thunar's side panel? the remove option is greyed out in the right click menu of these items. i have checked ~/.gtk-bookmarks and its not in there. These shortcuts are also in file open/save dialoges along with recently used and search.

Also, is  it possible for thunar to show recently used?

And could i bind F6 to open loaction (currently cltl+L)

How do you searh in thunar? and does thunar have any filtering abilities? i know you can select by pattern but if i could view only the files matching a pattern it would be more helpful than selecting by pattern

Thanks smile

#2 2009-05-10 07:39:20

FrancescoA

Re: Top items in thunar's shortcuts side panel

Hmm, apparantly not. I also don't like such "fixed" items. I suppose, you have to patch thunar and compile again. smile

From me:
1) If I choose "Go=>Download", it jumps to desktop.

2) It would be nice to have in Columns additionally "exension". I don't like Type. It shows to much text. The extension should only display extension

3) Date Modified: possibility to adust format: in german, it would (instead of): 2009-04-26 20:45:12 => 26.04.2009 20:45 (the seconds I don't care)

#3 2009-05-12 15:28:34

Seryies

Re: Top items in thunar's shortcuts side panel

Well  i realised that gnome/gtk apps don't allow much customisation but to not be able to remove those shortcuts is just going too far

Board footer