Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-15 08:59:08

saberworks

alt-f3 keyboard shortcut stops working

I'm using xfce 4.6.0 which comes with ubuntu 9.04.  When I upgraded from the previous version, all my keyboard shortcuts were lost.  No problem, I just reset them all.  They all seem to work except alt-f3 (which I map to "Workspace 3").  When I map it, it works fine.  However, after rebooting my computer it doesn't work anymore.  It's still listed in the Window Manager Keyboard Settings, it just doesn't work.  If I reset it there, it starts working again.  But then next time I reboot it goes away.  Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Also, as a semi-related question (and this probably isn't the place to ask but just in case someone knows...) - will 4.6.1 ever make it into ubuntu 9.04 or do I have to wait until the next ubuntu version?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

#2 2009-05-15 23:18:09

reisio

Re: alt-f3 keyboard shortcut stops working

I can't easily check because I've already modified mine, but you might check Settings > Window Manager > Keyboard and see if ALT+F3 is already defined there.

Xfce 4.6.1 is already in Ubuntu repositories for "Karmic".  I don't really follow Ubuntu, but since it's just a rebranding of Debian, I imagine all you have to do is modify your /etc/apt/sources.lst (or with 3rd party repo), or download all the .deb's and install them manually, etc..  Ask #ubuntu on irc.freenode.net.

#3 2009-05-15 23:29:51

saberworks

Re: alt-f3 keyboard shortcut stops working

Hi Thanks for your reply.  It is defined there as "Workspace #3" but it stops working after a reboot.  It still shows up there, correctly defined, but it doesn't work unless I set it again.

Also, I just noticed that I can't bind an application shortcut for alt-c, is that now reserved?  In the last version of xfce I was using I bound it to start a calculator application.  Now it seems to close the window.

Board footer