Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-16 07:13:14

forest

Xfce 4.6 broke my beautifully simple desktop menu

I just upgraded to Xfce 4.6 (by way of Ubuntu Jaunty) only to find that the new version moved my application launchers into a submenu beneath the desktop menu.  The top level menu is now populated with a bunch of rarely used items that just get in my way.  WTF?  Why was the single most frequently used menu in my entire windowing environment pushed into a ghetto beneath this junk?

After fiddling with settings for a while, I discovered that I can return the applications menu to the top level (where it is actually convenient to use), but to do so I have to give up file icons on the desktop.  Double-WTF?

Why did Xfce 4.6 take away my ability to use both these features at once?  More importantly, how do I restore the behavior I had in 4.4?  I really wasn't expecting this "upgrade" to take functionality away from me.  I'm sorry if my writing seems a bit inflammatory.  I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but this is such a big step backwards that it feels like a slap in the face.  Someone, please, can you help?

#2 2009-05-16 11:32:42

s0ulslack

Re: Xfce 4.6 broke my beautifully simple desktop menu

You've already figured it out, disabling desktop icons.  Nothing you can do hmm

Board footer