Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-17 16:38:59

rjmx

Unwanted transparent windows

Sometimes (but not very often), when I'm moving my mouse over a window, it goes transparent. I can't find a way of making it opaque again, and the only recourse is to close that window and open another one.

This happens most often with xfce-terminal, but I've also seen it happen with emacs, so it's probably not related to xfce-terminal itself. These two are the apps I use most of the time, so it's likely they'd be the ones to show the effect.

It's possible that I'm pressing a key or a mouse button at the same time: I'm not aware that I've been doing either, but you never know. Other open windows in the same workspace are not affected.

Anyone else seen this effect? I don't know whether it's a bug or a feature; if it's the latter, is there a key/mouse sequence to turn it off again?

(I have to say that I can't understand why anyone would want a transparent terminal window, but each to his own, I suppose).

Thanks,

.....Ron

#2 2009-06-19 22:38:24

s0ulslack

Re: Unwanted transparent windows

Does it happen when your near the Titlebar?  If you accidentally move your mouse wheel while over the title it'll set the opacity with scrolling.

Just a thought

Board footer