Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-06 12:10:53

FrancescoA

shortcuts not remembered

xfce settings, keyboard => assign keyboard settings for some programs. The work, after I leave the dialog. If I shutdown the pc and restart than afterwards, the shortcuts are not working anymore. xfce 4.6.0.
I see the keyboard settings (which I just adjusted) in: ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml

From that point, it should be ok. How can I solve the problem? What is the reason? Any workaround?

Thank you in advance!

#2 2009-07-07 07:23:35

s0ulslack

Re: shortcuts not remembered

So they work if you edit one of them?  Sounds like xfce4-settings-helper isn't running.  Save your Session with it started or throw it in the Application AutoStart

#3 2009-07-07 17:12:22

Arcege
Website

I hadn't created any shortcuts in my desktop.  But when I upgraded to Jaunty, the Alt-Escape shortcut to open the Applications Menu was removed.  I have not been able to find the binding to open that launcher in the xfce4-panel.  I've seen other people with similar problems, but no solutions as yet.

There's so many different worlds, so many different suns.
And we have just one world, but we live in different ones.

#4 2009-07-07 18:34:23

FrancescoA

s0ulslack wrote:

So they work if you edit one of them?  Sounds like xfce4-settings-helper isn't running.  Save your Session with it started or throw it in the Application AutoStart

Ahhh, thank you, but I checked:

xfce4-settings-helper
xfce4-settings-helper is already running

No change. sad After reassign the shortcut in xfce-settings, it works.  (until next reboot)

Addendum: Strange; if I kill xfce4-settings-helper, then restart it, the shortcuts are working again.
For the information: xubuntu jaunty, xfce 4.6.0

#5 2009-07-07 19:58:10

s0ulslack

hrm, doesn't make much sense... kill xfce4-settings-helper and set your Session how you want and Save Session on logout.  Log back in and see if xfce4-settings-helper is running, if not throw it in Settings-> Session and AutoStart and relogin to see if that helps.

GL

#6 2009-07-07 20:14:55

FrancescoA

s0ulslack wrote:

hrm, doesn't make much sense... kill xfce4-settings-helper and set your Session how you want and Save Session on logout.  Log back in and see if xfce4-settings-helper is running, if not throw it in Settings-> Session and AutoStart and relogin to see if that helps.

GL

smile If you believe it or not, after reboot again: AFTER I killed  xfce4-settings-helper, the shortcuts worked. It seems, xfce4-settings-helper was restarted then automatically.

Strange: It I check the box in Autostart, xfce4-settings-helper, it is not remembered after next start (the checkbox is unchecked again).

If I save the session, restart, shortcuts are not working, too.

#7 2009-07-07 20:34:44

s0ulslack

Was hoping some black magic might work hah  I guess you could file a bug report on bugs.xfce.org then, be as descriptive as possible smile

#8 2009-07-08 11:06:05

FrancescoA

s0ulslack wrote:

Was hoping some black magic might work hah  I guess you could file a bug report on bugs.xfce.org then, be as descriptive as possible smile

done.

Board footer