Xfce Forum

Sub domains
 

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-07 20:19:41

ahronzombi
Member
Registered: 2009-01-02
Posts: 1

do you like xfce?

?

Offline

#2 2009-07-07 23:13:01

unnamedculprit
Member
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 2

Re: do you like xfce?

woooo xfce!  ;D

Offline

#3 2009-07-08 00:03:44

Wapush
Member
Registered: 2006-12-14
Posts: 140

Re: do you like xfce?

What a strange question to ask on a Xfce users forum...

But what is Xfce? A new brand of chocolate? So, I take a chance and votes no! wink


:twisted:

Offline

#4 2009-07-08 17:49:12

Squall
Member
Registered: 2009-03-07
Posts: 24

Re: do you like xfce?

Wapush wrote:

What a strange question to ask on a Xfce users forum...

But what is Xfce? A new brand of chocolate? So, I take a chance and votes no! wink


:twisted:

Yep! This chocolate is really great! You'll love it! lol

Of course I like Xfce otherwise I would not use it. tongue It's not as inflated as KDE or Gnome and it's much cooler than Open-, Flux-, Whateverbox or Windowmaker. smile

Offline

#5 2009-07-08 17:55:51

FrancescoA
Member
Registered: 2009-04-27
Posts: 38

Re: do you like xfce?

What a question. Of course! Otherwise, I wouldn't post here so many times. smile

Offline

#6 2009-07-09 11:43:15

Avinash.Rao
Member
Registered: 2009-06-28
Posts: 21

Re: do you like xfce?

;D I like Xfce but i voted no!!!
I have scrapped Gnome from my server and loaded Xfce for my LTSP users!!. Its light but, i will really love it if Xfce desktop configuration is more user Friendly for general users. As an administrator, ya i can understand i will have to do a lot of tweaking around to keep the basic things in place.. But, general office users will get bugged if they have to learn to edit a menu!
roll

Offline

#7 2009-07-09 18:37:48

xfcelav
Member
From: /var/www/xfcelav
Registered: 2008-04-10
Posts: 94
Website

Re: do you like xfce?

Of Course  :-|


url: blog.desdelinux.net
twt: @elavdeveloper

Offline

#8 2009-07-09 19:42:20

Squall
Member
Registered: 2009-03-07
Posts: 24

Re: do you like xfce?

Avinash.Rao wrote:

;D I like Xfce but i voted no!!!
I have scrapped Gnome from my server and loaded Xfce for my LTSP users!!. Its light but, i will really love it if Xfce desktop configuration is more user Friendly for general users. As an administrator, ya i can understand i will have to do a lot of tweaking around to keep the basic things in place.. But, general office users will get bugged if they have to learn to edit a menu!
roll

I think, it's user friendly on it's own way. I don't want another big and overloaded desktop that kills me with a lot of trash I never use..

Offline

#9 2009-07-10 07:26:41

kumue
Member
Registered: 2008-03-16
Posts: 3

Re: do you like xfce?

Yes of course!
The only thing i am missing is an itegrated 'search tool'

Offline

#10 2009-07-10 19:26:53

Conan
Member
From: São Paulo - Brasil
Registered: 2009-05-29
Posts: 20

Re: do you like xfce?

YES
But i liked much more facilities in MENU and PANEL.


XFCE===> first choice 4ever

Offline

#11 2009-07-11 06:38:25

ManOfSteel
Member
Registered: 2005-10-06
Posts: 104

Re: do you like xfce?

Of course I do. What a question roll


kumue wrote:

The only thing i am missing is an itegrated 'search tool'

Even though find, cat, grep, etc. and combinations of them (pipes) can do many useful jobs, I have to agree that an integrated graphical search tool, and to a lesser extent a menu editor, are the most welcome additions to Xfce, especially that there is no good external alternative either. All I found was searchmonkey, but it hasn't been updated in years and it has some really nasty problems anyway.

Offline

#12 2009-07-11 18:29:05

Wapush
Member
Registered: 2006-12-14
Posts: 140

Re: do you like xfce?

Squall wrote:
Wapush wrote:

What a strange question to ask on a Xfce users forum...

But what is Xfce? A new brand of chocolate? So, I take a chance and votes no! wink


:twisted:

Yep! This chocolate is really great!

I agree!

As a graphical search tool, catfish can be well integreted using the Thunar custom action.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB