Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-13 11:54:38

brain)(vision
Website

Mixer and power-mangaer icon missed! Please help!

Hi everybody, I hope that somebody here is able to suggest me a solution to my problem..

I'm running a slackware 12.2 (current version of July 09). When I first installed my slackware with xfce all goes well.. All the icons were where they would be and I started customize my desktop..
After a while I try to update xfce to the 2.6.1 version, updating Power manager and Higcolor Icon Naming packages, too..
And so (I think) I started to have problems: from that day, the mixer icons was not at his place: I'm able to modify volume with the muse scrolling, but there's no icon, only an empty space..
And the Power Manager simply disappear! I try to modify the option of the Power Manager: Show always, Show only when battery present etc.. but nothing changes at all!
And, last but not least, the icon of the Power Manager is lost even from the Setting Manager..
I'll post some screenshots to be more clear..

Somebody have had the same problems or have an idea of what is happened to my xfce?? I hate to have those icon disappeared.. I hated it too much that I'm planning to reinstall everything.. but you know.. time is always hard to find.. and meanwhile Slackware have been updated to version 13.. I prefer to make some time to pass on and allow packagers to prepare the essentials tools a slackware must have..

Thank you very much to all of you for your time.. and I hope somebody is able to suggest me something helpful.. please..!!

-----> mixer icon missed
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5214/mixer.jpg

leonardo
-linux user #483530
-registered machine 403135 --> hal9002
-registered machine 394211 --> hal9001

#2 2009-09-13 16:33:30

s0ulslack

Re: Mixer and power-mangaer icon missed! Please help!

Both of these are known issues, for the first one its been covered... search the forum/mailing list and you'll find the solution.  For the second one, you'll need to switch to a more complete icon theme, such as Tango.  There are lots of decent icon themes (some bad, incomplete ones as well hmm) on http://xfce-look.org

#3 2009-09-13 18:22:34

brain)(vision
Website

s0ulslack wrote:

Both of these are known issues, for the first one its been covered... search the forum/mailing list and you'll find the solution.  For the second one, you'll need to switch to a more complete icon theme, such as Tango.  There are lots of decent icon themes (some bad, incomplete ones as well hmm) on http://xfce-look.org

Thank you very very much, s0ulslack!
I'm sorry if I'm asking for jet answered question, but I haven't been able to find solutions to them! Now I'll look better in the xfce.org mailing list, maybe I'll find there..
For the second question, I've to say that I actually use as icon theme Gnome Colors set and I've tried a lot of other set, thinking that the problem was just what you indicate to me.. But I haven't solved the problem.. Actually, I have downgraded my slackware's Power Manager package to version 0.6.4 (the problem itself came up when I updated it to the version 0.6.6).. Do you think this could have changed something? My Power Manager icon seems simply lost!, the problem is different from the mixer one that doesn't appear but his function are still present..
I hope I can explain mysellf good, but my english today sounds really bad!

leonardo
-linux user #483530
-registered machine 403135 --> hal9002
-registered machine 394211 --> hal9001

#4 2009-09-14 06:47:34

s0ulslack

Try this site for your mixer icons, I found it doing a search on the forum smile
http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/icons-d … -xfce-460/

Hopefully that fixes both your icon issues, I haven't seen anyone else with icon problems with Xfce Power Manager.  You might also try the latest version of XPM, which according to the goodies site is 0.8.3.1.

Board footer