Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-01 19:36:23

snigga

XFCE power manager can not put the system into sleep mode

Zenwalk linux latest, kernel 2.6.31.1 compiled by me, all ACPI stuff compiled. SUBJ appeared suddenly after a system hang, when i reboted it with Alt-SysRq-B. I was trying to make the WIMAX driver work and did some kernel and compiling stuff, but i believe i didn't mess with any system settings.
The hibernate command acts allright and puts the system into sleep.
And one more thing, there's nothing at all in the logs.
The only thing it sais at the console is that power-manager uses hal to put the system into sleep, but then nothing happens.

The same thing - when i right-click on the power manager's icon in the tray and choose sleep mode.
Where could be the problem?

#2 2009-10-01 20:18:03

s0ulslack

Re: XFCE power manager can not put the system into sleep mode

I'm not sure, but I believe you'll need pm-utils (http://pm-utils.freedesktop.org/) for it to work through hal.  Don't have a lappy so this is a shot in the dark but should atleast help smile

#3 2009-10-01 21:44:24

snigga

I do have pm-utils, but thanx forr the reply anyway. I'll try to reinstall them.
Seems like power-mmanager can-t connect to hal or d-bus. Any ideas how to check and fix it if it's right?

#4 2009-10-01 23:14:54

s0ulslack

hrm, does XPM fork into the bg?  If not you could try launching it from a Terminal and see if anything useful is spit out.  If you don't have any luck here try the Mailing List.

#5 2009-10-04 10:58:13

snigga

Power manager is in background, but seems like it's missing the ACPI messages. When i press the Power button, though I set the option to give a prompt what to do, the system goes "init 0" instead... STrange things.

Board footer