Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-02 00:06:45

stderr

panel gradient and clock font color

I'm using xfce with mythtv (mythbuntu 9.04).  Since we sit roughly 5 meters from the TV, I've enlarged the panel so it's easier to see.  I had assumed the shading pattern would scale up with the enlarged panel, but not so.  There appears to be an image used to wallpaper the panel, and it does not stretch, but tiles, with the enlarged panel.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've noticed many references to gtk configuration, but there aren't a lot of gtk related configuration files on the machine.  Do I need to just create a 1x36 pixel image and put a reference to it for wallpapering the panel somewhere?

I've also enabled the autohide feature on the panel, which reduces the panel to a white line at the edge of the screen when not in use.  Is there a way to make this white line disappear, without enabling compositing?  Compositing worked, but it caused all video content to stutter during playback.

Also, the clock lettering is black by default, and on the grey background it's very hard to make out.  I tried selecting "custom" for the  display format and putting html-style bold tags around the %R symbol that appears in the edit box.  This worked so, thinking I was on to it, I tried adding color tags, no luck.  I then tried xml in line style tags for the font color, no luck there either.  Pity.  So, if there's a right way to do this, please enlighten me.

Thanks.

#2 2009-10-02 00:17:35

s0ulslack

Re: panel gradient and clock font color

Hrm, the panel doesn't use anything like that... it should follow the gtk theme colors... check http://wiki.xfce.org/tips#gtkrc_files for more info on customizing it though smile

Theres also no way to hide that slim line shown while Auto-Hide is enabled other then the way you've tried hmm

Not sure on the clock, you might check the DateTime plugin... check the projects site on goodies.xfce.org.

#3 2009-10-02 16:17:56

Wapush

Hi

The Orage clock lets you change the text(foreground) and background color.

#4 2009-10-02 19:40:22

stderr

Thanks for the info, this is all good.  Just for clarification, is "Orage" clock supposed to be "Orange" clock?  I didn't see this in the list (Analog, Digital, LCD are the only three) so I must have to get it from somewhere.  Is this in one of the package on goodies.xfce.org?

<edit>

Nevermind, found the details here:

http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel- … ime-plugin

Thanks.

#5 2009-10-02 20:37:36

s0ulslack

Orage is a Calendar app for Xfce, you can find out more about it @ http://www.kolumbus.fi/~w408237/orage/

Board footer