Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-26 12:13:27

yasd

wallpaper choice

The problem I have is that when I add some files to the list of backdrops in Desktop Settings they dont get saved. Only the default images and the one that was chosen stay in the list next time you open it. What I want is to have a constant list that I can choose from and not have to click add etc. every time. If "Image list" mode is set, then the list does get saved but you cant choose from it! Its random... I tried searching for a solution but found mostly stuff about periodic random wallpaper change. I hope I'm missing something and thats not a hole in xfce's logic. Oh, and it works fine in GNOME the way I described I want it ...

Distro: Arch; Xfce 4.6.1

#2 2009-11-26 17:01:27

s0ulslack

Re: wallpaper choice

Hello,

Try symlinking /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops to your location of choice, should be ok from there.  Happy Thanksgiving!

#3 2009-11-26 17:18:30

yasd

I've thought about that, but thanks anyway smile
It's kind of a dirty hack - symlinking with root privileges
Does that mean this is indeed lacking in xfce's capabilities? Maybe the devs should think about this... Its minor, but the kind of annoyance that makes you think "I can just switch to XYZ manager where it simply works"
btw, there's no thanksgiving around here, but you have fun smile

#4 2009-11-26 17:31:50

s0ulslack

Your more the welcome to file a bug/feature enhancement with patches attached.  Before you do that, try ~/.local/share/xfce4/backdrops/

#5 2009-11-26 17:49:54

yasd

yeah, symlinking ~/.local/share/xfce4/backdrops/ to some image directory does work. It should suffice for now but its still not perfect since you may have several different directories with wallpapers. Thanks for the tip.
As for creating a patch... hmmm I dont know smile

Board footer