Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-02 22:19:31

Geralt

"Encrypted Volume" dialog for encrypted removable media with auto-mount disabled

Hi,

I have enabled the Thunar Volume Management, but all the boxes on the Storage tab are disabled, so that Thunar won't auto-mount removable media when I plug them in. But whenever I attach encrypted media a dialog box appears with the title"encrypted volume" that asks me to enter the password. This happens also when I resume from suspension (to ram).
Is there a way to disable that? It's really really annoying (especially because I never mount these drives, they're used by my backup-script running in the background).

Thanks,

Geralt.

#2 2009-12-15 08:37:04

Geralt

Re: "Encrypted Volume" dialog for encrypted removable media with auto-mount disabled

Small update: the problem is caused by thunar-volman, I made a small fix to it and it honors now the auto-mount setting for crypto-devices.

Here's the patch in case you want this change too smile

diff -ur thunar-volman-0.3.80/thunar-volman/tvm-block-device.c thunar-volman-0.3.80-patched/thunar-volman/tvm-block-device.c
--- thunar-volman-0.3.80/thunar-volman/tvm-block-device.c    2008-08-21 13:23:30.000000000 +0200
+++ thunar-volman-0.3.80/thunar-volman/tvm-block-device.c    2009-12-15 09:26:01.651096922 +0100
@@ -757,6 +757,11 @@
   has_filesystem = (G_LIKELY (fsusage != NULL && strcmp (fsusage, "filesystem") == 0));
   libhal_free_string (fsusage);

+  /* check if we should automount drives, otherwise, we're done here */
+  g_object_get (G_OBJECT (preferences), "automount-drives", &automount, NULL);
+  if (G_UNLIKELY (!automount))
+      return FALSE;
+
   /* check if we have a crypto volume to setup here */
   if (G_UNLIKELY (has_crypto))
     {
@@ -765,11 +770,6 @@
     }
   else if (G_LIKELY (has_filesystem))
     {
-      /* check if we should automount drives, otherwise, we're done here */
-      g_object_get (G_OBJECT (preferences), "automount-drives", &automount, NULL);
-      if (G_UNLIKELY (!automount))
-        return FALSE;
-
       /* try to mount the block device */
       return tvm_block_device_mount (preferences, context, udi, error);
     }

Board footer