Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-11 21:51:45

sdim

Customise Thunar windows...?

Hi,everyone.
Newbie on the block,and since I've been using Linux,and especially Mint Gnome for a long time,I decided to install XFCE on my laptop.
First contact was through Zenwalk and DreamLinux,both loveable.
What I was wondering is whether there is the possibility of someone changing the background color of the windows in Thunar,something that can be done in Gnome.I suspect not,but I'm asking,anyway.
Another question has to do with whether I can do what I was able to do in Gnome with a preview of the music files just by moving the mouse pointer over an .mp3,for example.By doing so,I was able to listen to the song without clicking on it.Was it a Nautilus thing,only?
Many thanks in advance.

#2 2009-12-13 12:46:54

etnlWings

Re: Customise Thunar windows...?

First question: not without altering your GTK+ theme, which will affect more than just Thunar.

Second question: no and don't expect features like that to be introduced, any time soon.

#3 2009-12-13 18:51:12

sdim

Many thanks,etnlWings.

#4 2010-01-12 14:26:16

GeorgeRhodes

etnlWings what else will it affect by changing the background color in Thunar. It's quite a simple thing to do isn't it?
Bowtrol | Web Marketing

#5 2010-01-15 13:17:02

siafok

etnlWings wrote:

Second question: no and don't expect features like that to be introduced, any time soon.

Whom can we believe?

From: http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/thunar … mbnailers/

Thunar-thumnbnailers generates thumbnails for the following formats:

EPSPostscriptPDFDVIOpenDocument FormatSVGZ (compressed SVG) Fig (.fig) LaTeX (requires tetex) Raw Digital Camera Images (requires raw-thumbnailer and/or dcraw) Grace (requires grace) Video files (requires ffmpegthumbnailer) XCF Images (The GIMP’s native format) Photoshop (PSD) images
And in the near future, hopefully:

Audio files (audiothumbnailer) RealMedia video files (in ffmpeg 0.5!!!) OpenEXR Abiword’s supported files Digital Comic (CBZ, CBR) Gnuplot batch files (.gnuplot)
If you have suggestions for more formats you would like to see thumbnails for in Thunar please contact Erlend Davidson.

#6 2010-01-16 14:57:43

etnlWings

siafok wrote:

Whom can we believe?

Batman.

From: http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/thunar … mbnailers/

Audio files (audiothumbnailer)

I hope audiothumbnailer is just for fetching covers and not audio samples. The code repo doesn't make explicit just what it does or doesn't do.

Board footer