Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-19 20:28:15

sledgehammer89

Blurry icons in systray

I really like XFCE much, but one thing is a bit frustrating. I really like the 24 line panel size, standard Clearlooks and standard Gnomeish icons. But the icons in systray looks blurry if the other icons does have the correct size and are sharp.
If I resize the panel to have sharp icons in systray, the other icons (starters) are blurry and too big for the rest of the system. Please have a look at the screenshot what I mean and sorry for my bad english.

Is there any setting in gtkrc, XFCE to configure iconsize for the systray?

Thank you VERY much!! smile

1740009.png
http://picfront.de/d/7iEF

#2 2010-01-20 00:37:41

etnlWings

Re: Blurry icons in systray

If you go into your icon theme's directory (.icons/nameoftheme/ or /usr/share/icons/nameoftheme/), you'll find a file called index.theme. If you open it with a text editor, you can choose whether various categories of icons are scalable or fixed size.

If your theme isn't complete and has to inherit certain icons, you'll want to make sure you make the same categories fixed/scalble, in the fallback theme.

You might also want to try right-clicking an empty spot on the tray, going to properties and turning the frame on/off.

#3 2010-01-21 19:22:44

sledgehammer89

Thank you! smile ... but the network icon is from wicd, which dont use icon themes. After trying some index.theme settings I think its related to the code of xfce systray. I think its not possible. The icon sizes on my left picture is 16x16 and at the systray I want 22x22.

I tried to go another way and set icon size in the menu to 22x22. This works. But now I have a scrolling menu if I click on "xfce menu". This isnt a behaviour which I like sad

#4 2010-01-22 16:22:36

mueller

Did you try to enable the frame around the notification area?

Board footer