Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-25 03:10:52

ramack

mouse slider has no effect

Is there another place that I can adjust the acceleration setting for the mouse?  The slider bar in the mouse setting manager has no effect.

#2 2010-01-25 04:23:49

etnlWings

Re: mouse slider has no effect

In the mouse settings, on the Devices tab, on the left side, what items are visible in the list?

If there's a couple, click the one that matches the description of your mouse brand/model, then change your accel/threshold.

If there's only one or two and neither match your mouse, welcome to my world. I've got a Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave, where both the mouse and keyboard use the same receiver and HAL incorrectly reports my mouse as an, "Unknown button", and attempts to configure it as a keyboard. As the evdev driver is used for both mice and keyboards, it's only by sheer luck that the mouse works, although I can't change my acceleration, or threshold, and changing the cursor theme requires me to change the system default.

I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this with custom .fdi files in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/, to no avail.

#3 2010-01-27 01:12:39

ramack

Re: mouse slider has no effect

The only setting available is for a Mac mouse button emulation.  I have a Logitec Trackman, trackball.

Board footer