Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-25 20:49:49

Sideburns
Website

[Solved] Problem with script

I'm using Fedora 14 and XFCE.  Recently, after migrating away from Gnome, I learned about a little script, needs-restarting.  You're supposed to run it in a terminal after an update, and it should tell you what programs need to be restarted to get the newest version running.  Alas,in my case, it doesn't, although it does work for some people.

Right now, I'm trying to work out what's different about my computers, and the fact that I run XFCE and Fedora is very Gnome-centric is one of them.  (The script itself doesn't seem to be DE specific.)  Considering that the script does work for most people, I don't want to file a bug report until I can, at the least, point to what might be different about my setup.  Is there anything anybody can think of that might be causing this simply because of the DE I'm using?  If needed, the script itself is available and can be posted.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#2 2011-08-25 23:53:12

angstrom

Re: [Solved] Problem with script

Yeah, I think if you can give us the script, it will be helpful ...

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#3 2011-08-26 00:09:10

Sideburns
Website

I've opened a bug at Bugzilla about this, and anything you find will be added to it.  Here it is: http://www.zeff.us/needs-restarting

This is a python script that's too big to post, so I put it up on my website.  Thanx for taking a look at it.

#4 2011-08-26 22:02:57

Sideburns
Website

One of the package maintainers has found a bug in the script and posted a patch.  As it turns out, it wasn't DE specific, but thanx again for taking a look at it.

Board footer