Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-21 14:54:06

mesmith

Mail Watcher plugin

A minor annoyance.  I'm running xubuntu 8.10.  I use the mailwatch plugin.  When I boot my system, I have a wireless connection.  The wireless takes some time to hook up to the router.  While it is getting a connection, mailwatch opens and announces an error as it cannot connect to my mail provider (gmail).  I have to use properties to get a reset and remove the error symbol.

Anybody know how this might be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-10-21 15:10:48

mesmith

Re: Mail Watcher plugin

Okay.  Unclicking the option "Show log status in icon" removes the error symbol at startup.  Not a perfect solution, but it will work.  Waiting for an internet connect before launching would be better, but maybe that's work without enough return.

#3 2010-01-13 12:29:36

mcqr

I experience the same annoyance in xfce 4.6.1 (xubuntu 9.10). It helps if you manually set network preferences because the wireless connection is then established faster. But, unfortunately, the error still occurs sometimes and there is no option "Show log status in icon" in this version of xfce. It really is not a big problem, but solving it would be nice.

#4 2011-09-23 09:39:56

joce

I have the same annoyance, and believes it can be fixed quite easily by this feature request : why would the log status not be restored to "no error" as soon as a newer check has succeeded. This would also avoid having an error symbol if net has been temporarily down.

While discussing mailwatch, I would also be happy that it resets the "new mail/no new mail" status to "no new mail" when one actually clicks the icon and thus reads all new mail...

#5 2011-09-23 09:41:31

joce

mcqr wrote:

I experience the same annoyance in xfce 4.6.1 (xubuntu 9.10). It helps if you manually set network preferences because the wireless connection is then established faster. But, unfortunately, the error still occurs sometimes and there is no option "Show log status in icon" in this version of xfce. It really is not a big problem, but solving it would be nice.

The option is to be found in the "View log" window.

#6 2011-09-23 19:30:47

demosthenese

I use specto to keep an eye on mail accounts. Have a look at

http://specto.sourceforge.net/

It may fit your needs as well as the mail plugin.

Board footer