Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-28 19:37:27

Pierre Thibault

[Solved] Panel hiding when the composer is activated

Hello,

I have a problem with the composer and my panel. When the display composer is activated, my panel at the bottom of the screen tends to disappear. I see the bottom of my screen background instead of the panel.

When the composer is off, everything works normally.

Any solution?

#2 2011-09-29 17:35:43

RobtWB

Re: [Solved] Panel hiding when the composer is activated

I had the same problem with the panel using XFCE 4.8.0 on openSUSE 11.4. I even tried manually setting the "auto-hide" to false in the configuration script, but it didn't help, so I imagine it's a bug somewhere. A workaround for me was to create another panel, place it at the top of the screen, then duplicate all the applets I had on the original panel (launchers, notifications, logoff, menu, etc.), then delete the original panel and move the new one to the bottom of the screen. I don't know why it affects the one panel and not the other, but it works, and has been fine through several logouts - logins. Perhaps someone with more experience / expertise will have a better answer, but this worked for me and got my panel to stop disappearing.

#3 2011-09-29 18:58:20

Pierre Thibault

Me too I have OpenSuse 11.4. Is it related? I will try what you are suggesting. Thank you.

#4 2011-09-29 19:18:25

Pierre Thibault

I did it and it is now working fine. :-)

Board footer