Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-12 05:17:06

paragordius

Any way to alter systray/notification are "unhide/hide" icon??

I have a few things that minimize/close to systray (clawsmail, RSSOwl, a few more) that I keep constantly "hidden" but running in the background.

Basically, I'm asking if there is a .png file to make the "expand hidden systray stuff icon" (the one that looks like a play button) less obtrusive (maybe make it really skinny and just look like a separator).

I'm sure this has to be pretty straightforward, but for the life of me I just can't find the .png.

#2 2011-10-14 21:28:50

NightSky

Re: Any way to alter systray/notification are "unhide/hide" icon??

I think you are asking about adding an icon -(shortcut) for the apps you keep running in the background - to the Xfce Panel?  If this is the case right click on the panel strip - is the systray, mine is setup to hide when not active this option check box is in panel .  Left Click anywhere on systray and click on add item in the drop down menu. Fill in the name of the app... usually found in /usr/bin so go there and find the app then put the name in name, next to command click on the little folder to open it and follow path back to /usr/bin then dble click on the little icon for that app and its address should appear in command, then dble click 1st icon this will open up a window with icons.. choose app icon tab, find you app icon there, click on it and u should be done. Unfortunately if you have problems that require you going into the config files they are .xml files and you will have to research for syntax and format. I don't know .xml and wish the conf files were more like slackware's configuration files that are text based with commented lines. Don't think .xml conf files are very user friendly.

Board footer