Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-22 05:04:14

stands2reason

Custom key shortcuts using the keypad are not working

Hello. I have some custom scripts which I am trying to set to the Ctrl+Alt+KP_# keyboard shortcuts.

I've confirmed that the commands actually work properly when called. They also work if they are set to a binding that does not use the key pad. Also, I went under Window Manager and changed the default "move to workspace #" to ones that do not conflict. For some reason though, after setting these shortcuts they don't appear to be working. Is there anything I can check to find out why this is?

#2 2011-10-22 09:23:52

angstrom

Re: Custom key shortcuts using the keypad are not working

Make sure first that your keyboard shorcut combo actually work, by assigning them to something like "touch /tmp/SHORTCUT_WORK"

Also, there may be 1/1million chance that your are in this case : [Solved] Need help emulating keystrokes from "Application Shortcuts"

Last edited by angstrom (2011-10-22 09:26:06)

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#3 2011-10-22 13:04:42

stands2reason

angstrom wrote:

Make sure first that your keyboard shorcut combo actually work, by assigning them to something like "touch /tmp/SHORTCUT_WORK"

Tried that. The command isn't getting run executed at all. Like I said though, it works fine if I assign it to another key.

Also, I did find out that my numpad keys were doing something different if I held either Ctrl or Alt. So I tried the Super + KP_# binding instead, but it still didn't do anything.  Something weird is going on with the keypad but I can't figure out what.

#4 2011-10-23 00:47:13

angstrom

Then try to ask on the xfce-dev mailing liste if it is possible to make keyboard shortcut with this combo key ?

Last edited by angstrom (2011-10-23 00:48:13)

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#5 2011-10-28 16:33:02

paolo321

I had something similar with Fn keys on my netbook.
mute key does not work well in xubuntu oneiric (for something that seems not related to xfce), but I had a workaround script I wanted to set to Fn+F3
Anyway, that worked only in the current session (don't know why) but not after logout... Maybe xfce4-volumed intercepted those keys ?
Seemed to work well using other keys; but using xbindkeys with the same Fn+F3 combo it worked flawlessly...
Other combo seems to work

I have not found enough informations to do a correct bug report, sorry... hmm

#6 2011-11-05 09:50:38

jeromeg
Website

This is a known bug which I couldn't figure out: keypad shortcuts don't work for commands but work for window manager actions. There is nothing you can do about that until we fix this in the code

Board footer