Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-22 11:41:49

xendistar

Desktop script launch problem

I have a little script that I run by double clicking an icon on my desktop, but there is a problems with this. I can't get the icon close enough to the edge of the screen (so I have to clear my desktop of open windows first. There seem like there is a buffer around the edge of the icon or screen to stop the placement of icon close to the screen edge. Is there a way I can get the icon close to the edge of the screen or alternatively, is there a option where I can get my script to appear as an icon on one of the desktop panels?

Tim

#2 2012-01-22 11:50:54

Sproggy

Re: Desktop script launch problem

#3 2012-01-22 12:59:07

xendistar

Thanks but I am struggling with this, the period option in the setup is the problem, the script that I run only needs to run when I click on the icon (it mimics keyboard hits to activate a kvm as the actual keyboard hits are not picked up in xfce). I am not good at scripting and can't find a way to only activate the script when I click on it

#4 2012-01-22 23:54:28

angstrom

I think that the icons on desktop are placed on a grid so that may explain why you cannot place your icon close to the edge as you want.

If you want to place your script in the panel, you can create a Launcher and configure it ro run your script.

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

Board footer