Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-31 05:06:08

lifeinthegrey

XFCE Theme Catalog

Hey All

So as a side gig I build custom HTPC rigs, and use XFCE on all of them. My policy for clients is to build a custom theme for them, so I figured I would start saving them, and share them with the community. Hope you enjoy!

All of these themes are complete color schemes ... I take no credit for the icons, backgrounds, window managers, or cursor themes. All of these themes have both GTK2 and GTK3 themes contained, so they will work with GNOME apps like network-manager-gnome and gnome-keyring (you can see network manager in the pictures). If you are interested in a specific color scheme, let me know, and I'll try and cook something up for ya.

Buonanotte
desktop.png
Download Buonanotte

Pelle
LeatherTheme.png
Download Pelle

Giungla
jungle-screenshot.png
Download Giungla

Last edited by lifeinthegrey (2012-02-17 23:38:18)

oh, you want eXtremely Fast Computing? thats Easy ...

#2 2012-02-09 04:31:10

lifeinthegrey

Re: XFCE Theme Catalog

Updated OP with Jungle theme

oh, you want eXtremely Fast Computing? thats Easy ...

#3 2012-09-27 01:44:33

glenndjackson

Dear LifeIntheGrey,

I hope you are still around.  I love XFCE, but I really don't know anything about making themes.  I may make a silly request.

I only ask because I am pretty sure others will appreciate a theme such as your Buonanotte, which is lovely (and doesn't cause the annoying GTK3 right-click problem), but which is tailored for smaller touch screens.

The touch screen I use is 12", but it would really still help me to have larger scrollbars and other pieces of flair.  Particularly when a touch screen is capacitative, it doesn't allow for much use on scrolling--and especially on window decorations or window resizing--which features are already extra-small due to folks trying to cram plenty of window on at once.

I'm using a Thinkpad X61, and it's lightning quick with Linux Mint Debian 13 & XFCE.

Therefore I humbly request a regular and a negative theme (perhaps any color but blue, which I love but which reminds me of Clearlooks, and the market seems saturated), which comes with your attention to detail like in Gunglia, but which has larger functional window decorations.  Perhaps even very large.

Alternatively, you could just tell me that there's some other way to do it, and I'll put my tail between my legs and do as you say.

Thanks a lot.
Glenn

#4 2012-09-27 03:14:03

glenndjackson

Dear LifeIntheGrey,

Well, I really dig your themes, and I also found an answer to my question.  Not to bogart your page, but I thought I'd share it here, in case it allows others to use your good themes on a touch screen.  (For a carputer, for instance.)

Edit gtkrc-2.0, for instance with:
mousepad ~/.gtkrc-2.0
then add these lines, modifying the width as you please:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

style "scroll"
{
    GtkScrollbar::slider-width        = 25
    GthScrollbar::stepper-size        = 25
}
class "*" style "scroll"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 2012-10-02 03:53:12

Lawrence

glenndjackson, thank you for bumping this thread back to the top of the Themes forum. I was not aware of LITG's beautiful Xfce themes until now. smile

Last edited by Lawrence (2012-10-02 03:53:43)

#6 2012-10-02 17:47:45

archmonk

is there a guide on how to create xfce themes ?

Board footer