Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-17 15:19:15

Matias

[Feature request] Can set text color in preferences of panel.

Hello people..

Now.. you can select the background of the panel, either a background color or image. One feature that I like. smile

In general prefer dark colors in the background panel, but having the black letters (default on any gtkrc), does not see the text in the xfce panel sad , and would like to change the color of the text as easily as I can change the background.

Well.. Any idea?

Thanks for all..
Regards.

#2 2012-02-17 15:41:01

secipolla

Re: [Feature request] Can set text color in preferences of panel.

That's not a panel issue. You have to change that in the GTK theme you're using.

#3 2012-02-17 16:37:25

ToZ
Administrator

There is a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 snippet here (http://wiki.xfce.org/tips#gtkrc_files) that shows how that can be done.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2012-02-17 16:41:32

Matias

Well..
Precisely for this, the topic is called [Feature request]. big_smile

But with the excuse that: "You have to change that in the GTK theme you're using", preferences of xfce4-panel, nor should set the background of the panel, because it is the task of gtk theme. No?.

Regards.

#5 2012-02-17 18:48:23

secipolla

Matias wrote:

But with the excuse that: "You have to change that in the GTK theme you're using", preferences of xfce4-panel, nor should set the background of the panel, because it is the task of gtk theme. No?.

The gtk-theme does set the panel background but you have an option to override that, if you like.
If you mean that there should be a GUI option to override the text colour too then it depends.
I have no idea about the overhead for that, maybe it should be easy and wouldn't clutter the preferences too much.
But from my observation, one can do a lot with Xfce by editing its 'hidden', text options. And it still has 'just enough' user friendly GUI options.
Not playing down GNOME but some negative example can help put things in perspective: Xfce strives to be simple, uncluttered. That's why it's at the same time very configurable and simple to use. GNOME 3, while has had some improvements over GNOME 2, tries too hard to look simple and some times just makes things unnecessarily complicated (I'm talking only about the interface as I'm not a programmer and can't evaluate the code).

Last edited by secipolla (2012-02-17 18:53:45)

#6 2012-02-17 22:39:13

lifeinthegrey

If you use a reverse contrast theme, this will be a non issue. I have created a couple themes that can be found here. Or you can use the xfce-dusk theme. Either way, it gets the effect you're looking for.

oh, you want eXtremely Fast Computing? thats Easy ...

#7 2015-07-02 04:47:25

temporaryuser

Hi, i'm using slackware 14.1 with XFCE and Xfce-dusk as theme and I changed the panel1 collor editing the gtk.css

vim /usr/share/themes/Xfce-dusk/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

change the line

@define-color fg_insensitive #151515;
to
@define-color fg_insensitive #ffffff;

It's works

Last edited by temporaryuser (2015-07-02 04:55:19)

Board footer