Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-26 03:16:45

ChrisD

Hidden panel opacity and theme documentation

Hello,

Does anybody know how I can change the opacity of a "hidden" panel (I say "hidden" because it still shows a three pixel wide panel)? Changing the opacity on mouse leave event isn't quite what I want, as that obviously takes effect as soon as soon as the mouse leaves the panel, whereas I want it to only effect the hidden panel.

Also is there any more in-depth documentation for theming xfce? The official docs seem rather spartan at the moment.

#2 2012-03-26 06:20:50

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Hidden panel opacity and theme documentation

Well the classes for theming are described here.

#3 2012-03-26 19:09:08

ChrisD

Indeed but it doesn't seem to go into much detail about how to use it. For example, it says XfcePanelWindowHidden is the "[c]lass of the hidden panel window" but when I try to turn the background colour to white, it doesn't work:

style "xfce-panel-hidden-style"
{
  bg[NORMAL] = "#FFFFFF"
}
class "XfcePanelWindowHidden" style "xfce-panel-hidden-style"

Also, on the documentation page you link to it has examples which include properties like "XfcePanelWindow::autohide-size" which doesn't actually seem to be documented anywhere (at least I haven't been able to find it). It would be nice to know if there was some special property I was missing.

I fear I'm going to have to delve into the source code to work this out, unfortunatley...

Last edited by ChrisD (2012-03-26 19:09:31)

#4 2012-03-28 19:47:15

the98

I think a good change for version 4.10 is for these properties not to be hidden anymore.

A GUI option to change them as you want would be nice and I don't think it's something hard to do (I Think!!).

Board footer