Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-28 09:16:24

Rxke

Hat off to the people of the best DE around :)

Hi,

Heartelt *wow* for the work you people put into this.

I'm happy to say I finally feel I'm 'home' smile

Running Xfce on a MacBook because I increasingly felt troubled by the walled-garden approach Apple is embracing more and more.

i actually thought they would become more open, using the *nix underpinnings when introducing os x. How naive I am, sigh.

Using Windows 7 and OS X at work, but been playing with Debian for years... Never made the complete switch until a few months ago.

But... feeling strangely restricted by Gnome 3 ... KDE being nice but keeps freezing...

Xfce is a relief beyond words!

Speedy, non-cluttered, flexible, also, it doesn't look forced, I mean, all the other DE's try to look 'the best' but looks are just that, and the glowiness and waviness of some stuff really does *not* help everyday work.

Ramble ramble...

Disclaimer: I'm a bit stressed, my wife is 6 days overdue delivering our son smile So if I don't post much the following days, it's because I just became a dad 8)

Again: thank you all for making Xfce what it is smile

Last edited by Rxke (2012-03-28 09:17:33)

#2 2012-04-04 18:32:11

gxagar

Re: Hat off to the people of the best DE around :)

Congratulations in Advance R.  And Welcome to the Future of the Linux Desktop.  You have a way with words.  Look forward to reading more of your posts.

G

Linuxers Live by a CODE!

#3 2012-04-05 06:32:14

Rxke

Re: Hat off to the people of the best DE around :)

Thank you for the kind words. English is not my mother tongue, so I feel flattered!

Board footer