Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-23 03:27:24

TFD

Xubuntu Xfce documentation

I just installed Xubuntu and was looking at the Help documentation. It appears to be out of date and I just wanted to confirm this.

One of the bigger discrepancies is that it talks about a "bottom panel".  I see nothing at the bottom of the desktop.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************
EDIT: I now see the bottom panel. The default is for it to not display unless the cursor is at the very bottom of the desktop.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************

I do see the "top panel" which does not exactly correspond to the documentation, as the documentation talks about a "Logout button (looks like a white circle with a small vertical line intersecting the top of the circle)".  It does display my username on the far right which has a submenu with "Log out" as a choice.

Last edited by TFD (2012-04-23 06:20:29)

#2 2012-04-23 11:09:00

stqn

Re: Xubuntu Xfce documentation

I don’t know which documentation you are talking about, but Xubuntu is not Xfce, and Xfce is not Xubuntu. Xubuntu uses a “non-standard” Xfce configuration by default,  and its bottom panel is not Xfce’s panel.

Edit: my bad, I thought that Xubuntu’s bottom panel was not xfce4-panel, but it is.

Last edited by stqn (2012-04-23 11:24:09)

#3 2012-04-23 11:16:57

angstrom

Re: Xubuntu Xfce documentation

If the layout (button position, button feature enabled/disabled, panel position ...) does not correspond to your "documentation", you can simply configure them as you wish.
Otherwise, all the "issues" you mentioned, seem to be related to xubuntu documentation so please ask on their forum.

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

Board footer