Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-30 18:01:04

mweishaa

Panel getting clobbered... how can I rebuild it?

So I am running Kubuntu and switched to xfce a while ago.  I just upgraded my system to 12.04 and thought I'd check out KDE.  Well, it's kind of borked for me, so I went back into xfce - and my panel was empty.  So I rebuilt it.  I had created an application launcher for games I played often, and in poking around I saw it still existed in ~/.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-11/ (or some such number)

So I created a new launcher, and I saw there was a new directory in the above location...let's say it was launcher-15/.  I then copied launcher-11/* to launcher-15/ and my menu was back!

But then I went and tried to check out KDE again this morning, and again my panel was clobbered.

Any idea why this is happening?  I realize that may be a kubuntu question but thought I'd ask.
And is there any easier way of rebuilding my panel?  When it gets clobbered it's totally empty.  If the launcher-X directories are still there, what makes them appear on the panel?  If I knew that, I could just update it to point to launcher-X instead of rebuilding it.

Last edited by mweishaa (2012-04-30 18:02:04)

Board footer