Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-04 12:33:58

Bluefiber

Change resize handle image

Hello, im trying to change my friends xfce desktop to match that of osx leopard. So far i have the main parts of the window done but i still need to change the bottom right resize handle image.  Anyone know ere that image is hiding? Or the config file that deals with it? And not as important but how do i make the bottom corners rounded?

#2 2012-06-04 14:24:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Change resize handle image

i still need to change the bottom right resize handle image

You can change the size of the grip by adding the following code:

style "default-style"
{
        GtkWindow::resize-grip-height = 4
        GtkWindow::resize-grip-width = 4
}
class "GtkWidget" style "default-style"

...(change 4 to desired value) and adding the code to ~/.gtkrc-2.0 (for single-user use) or /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc (for system-wide use)

To change the appearance of the grip, look in the theme's gtk-2.0 folder at the resize_grip.png file.

how do i make the bottom corners rounded

This is specific to the window manager theme. You'll have to either choose an existing xfwm4 window manager theme that has rounded corners, or edit the graphic files yourself (you can find those files in the theme's xfwm4 folder).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2012-06-04 15:58:32

Bluefiber

Thank you for replying. The resize image ill have to wait until i am home but the rounded corners i could not get to work by changing the images to be rounded. I wish i kept a screen shot of what it looked like but basically however large i would make the image it would strip the border off that size. While keeping it non-rounded. Sorry hard to explain.

#4 2012-06-04 17:11:06

ToZ
Administrator

Have a look at the Alternate theme as a reference - it uses rounded borders. Are you making the background of the bottom-left|right* images transparent?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2012-06-04 17:16:42

Bluefiber

Ok ill have to check that out i tried finding a theme with rounded edges but i must have missed it. And yes i was using a transparent background. I even tried to just use the top-left|right images(vertical fliped) that were rounded to just see if it would work but it didn't.

#6 2012-06-04 23:43:52

Bluefiber

well i found and change the resize-grip.png but...it didnt change anything haha. i think im going to give up on this and move to something else i may come back later. thanks for your help.

Board footer