Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-24 09:19:11

daneel971

encrypted removable devices icon on desktop

I configured thunar and thunar-volman to automount removable devices (usb/esata mostly) when plugged in - it works perfectly.
When it comes to encrypted devices, those aren't automounted but an icon is displayed both on the desktop and in the thunar shorcuts view: you click on the icon, a dialog pops up asking a password, the drive is mounted. So far so good.
Anyway, there's a little thing that's bugging me: on the desktop I get an ugly "generic" icon while in the thunar shortcuts view I see the "right" icon with the "encrypted" emblem on it (changing the icon theme doesn't make a difference).
There's a way to change this behaviour and have the same icon on the desktop? how does the "icon selection process" works?

And - OT - what program displays the dialog that asks for the password when I click on the encrypted device icon?

desktop icon
thunar icon

#2 2013-03-09 20:11:30

dyfet
Website

Re: encrypted removable devices icon on desktop

I was wondering about this exact issue also.  It seems like it behaves correctly, just that it cannot show the correct icon from xfdesktop.  It does show it in thunar, though.  I am wondering it is looking for a different icon name from the theme, and if so which one.  Sadly I see this has not been replied to by anyone who might know, though....

"Information in the computer age is the last genuine free market left on earth except those free markets where indigenous people are still surviving" - Russell Means

Board footer