Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-28 11:30:16

Douro

Notification area icon order

Is there a way to sort the icons in the notification area according to whichever order they are started instead of what appears to be alphabetical order? If not, this should be included in a future version and also being able to change the icon positions manually.

#2 2012-04-29 06:09:32

gymka
Website

Re: Notification area icon order

maybe stupid question, but what is difference?:D

#3 2012-05-07 02:18:58

Douro

I just hate how nm-applet insists on staying on the left of all the other icons and I would normally expect newly-opened applications to take that place. So to answer your question, it would look neater and make more sense in my opinion.

#4 2012-06-26 00:07:26

hunger

Douro wrote:

Is there a way to sort the icons in the notification area according to whichever order they are started instead of what appears to be alphabetical order? If not, this should be included in a future version and also being able to change the icon positions manually.

I've been wondering about this too. I use Tomboy. On Fedora 16 Xfce spin, when Tomboy is running, a Tomboy icon shows up "in the middle" of the notification area. I find this annoying. I'd prefer the Tomboy icon to be on the far left (or far right) of the notification area, since I think of the Tomboy icon as being more of a launcher than a notification icon. So, it would be neat if I could change the ordering of the notification-area icons so that the Tomboy icon is always on the far left (or far right) of the Xfce notification area.

Alternatively, I'd be very interested in knowing if there is a way to add a Tomboy applet to a "current" Xfce panel and concurrently stop Tomboy from showing up in the Xfce notification area. On Fedora 14, I had the Gnome 2 Tomboy applet installed in my Xfce panel via the XfApplet plugin. The Tomboy applet appeared as a movable icon outside of the Xfce notification area (and no additional Tomboy icon was drawn in the notification area). Unfortunately, I don't believe the XfApplet plugin is available anymore. But maybe I'm wrong?

Last edited by hunger (2012-06-26 00:08:41)

#5 2012-06-30 11:14:17

secipolla

Actually the Linux Mint team is maintaining an xfapplet plug-in that's compatible with the MATE (ex-GNOME2) panel plug-ins.
https://github.com/linuxmint/xfce4-xfap … its/master

Board footer