Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-17 03:36:15

burlingaaron

Prevent Panel Migration/Config popup window

ubuntu-12.04-installing-xfce-first-screen.png

How do I PREVENT this popup from happening?

All I care about is preventing that popup so it does not visibly block the rest of the gui, give me every method you can think of.

I have the system automatically boot up into clonezilla but this welcome panel pops up upon login right in the way of it.

Part of my limitation is I am limited to fixing the problem via editing the filesystem through the terminal as the CZ live cd makes use of a squashfs filesystem that it unpacks on-the-fly of which includes the xfce desktop and xfce panel, boots into the desktop and loads the panel.

So again, any method to prevent this popup is what I am looking for.

List as many ways as you can think of as I have spent at least 2 days googling and experimenting to try to eliminate the popup window and to no avail.

Thanks.

#2 2012-07-17 11:54:22

angstrom

Re: Prevent Panel Migration/Config popup window

I suppose that this message come from the fact that xfce session manager find out that ~/.config/xfce4 is empty or doesn't exist.
So a work around would be to create one before you log in. You can create an empty account. Use the default xfce panel config. Then save the content of ~/.config/xfce4.
May be there is a cleaner method that define the default behavior of xfce session manager when the config folder is empty ...

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#3 2012-07-17 14:35:52

secipolla

Re: Prevent Panel Migration/Config popup window

http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=6842 mentions an environment variable but also a poster says it didn't work for him.
This post from last year shows that the then Xfce Fedora spin used the method angstrom suggested:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermai … 01871.html

Board footer