Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-22 11:15:56

abubin

randr error when try to configure display

I have just installed ubuntu 12.04LTS x64 on my server.

Then I added xfce repo to install xfce 4.10. After that I installed vnc4server and started xfce4 from vnc. Once problem that pops up when I try to open "display" configuration is my randr is version 1.1. Version 1.2 is needed.

So I ran a command to check randr and found as below:
xrandr program version       1.3.5
Server reports RandR version 1.1

Does this means server is detecting randr 1.1 whereas I actually have version 1.3.5?

I thought this could be something to do with xfce 4.10. So, I removed 4.10 and installed 4.8 which is from ubuntu 12.04's repo.

And same problem occured.

I have scoured the internet and found no solution for this. Anyone can help?

#2 2012-07-22 17:56:36

abubin

Re: randr error when try to configure display

(xfsettingsd:3083): xfsettingsd-CRITICAL **: RANDR extension is too old, version 1.1. Display settings won't be applied.
Xlib:  extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":1.0".
xfce4-panel: No window manager registered on screen 0. To start the panel without this check, run with --disable-wm-check.

#3 2012-07-23 02:42:25

abubin

I have converted back to installing xubuntu-desktop 4.10. Still same problem. And the whole desktop doesn't feel like it's complete. Anyone have any idea how to fix this xrandr problem?

#4 2012-11-11 03:33:57

abadger

I was get the same error on Ubuntu 12.10....I could login via rdesktop (using remmina from Ubuntu desktop to remote server..both running 12.10)....was getting a desktop with no window controls...and now it has started running properly...and I don't know why ?

But here is my .xsession file for a good desktop...and it still has the randr error....

Xsession: X session started for  at Sun Nov 11 03:31:17 GMT 2012
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  109 (X_ChangeHosts)
  Value in failed request:  0x5
  Serial number of failed request:  6
  Current serial number in output stream:  8
localuser:dave being added to access control list
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  109 (X_ChangeHosts)
  Value in failed request:  0x5
  Serial number of failed request:  6
  Current serial number in output stream:  8
Setting IM through im-switch for locale=en_GB.
openConnection: connect: No such file or directory
cannot connect to brltty at :0
Start IM through /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/all_ALL linked to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default.
xfce4-session-Message: ssh-agent is already running

(xfwm4:3231): xfwm4-WARNING **: The display does not support the XRender extension.

(xfwm4:3231): xfwm4-WARNING **: The display does not support the XComposite extension.

(xfwm4:3231): xfwm4-WARNING **: The display does not support the XDamage extension.

(xfwm4:3231): xfwm4-WARNING **: The display does not support the XFixes extension.

(xfwm4:3231): xfwm4-WARNING **: Compositing manager disabled.

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:3256): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_new_string: assertion `string != NULL' failed

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:3256): polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

(xfsettingsd:3317): xfsettingsd-CRITICAL **: RANDR extension is too old, version 1.1. Display settings won't be applied.
Xlib:  extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":12.0".
Failure: Module initialization failed

Board footer