Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-01 12:13:54

daniel227

Mousewheel Scrolls in Opposite Directions

Hello everybody!

I'm getting better at creating precise thread titles - not much to add to this.

so, when i scroll down, it scrolls up and when i scroll up it scrolls down. happens in firefox as well as in file manager (thunar or pcmanfm).

my installation is originally xubuntu but i did a lot of tweaking. for a long time i thought this is an openbox thing, but now i booted into the default xubuntu session with xfwm4 as window manager, and it's the same.
[openbox has a feature for workspace switching by scrolling on the desktop background, and there it gets even worse: it switches quickly to the other workspace and back to the first (i have only two).]

i have no freaking clue what's happening here...

thankful for any help!!!

Last edited by daniel227 (2012-09-04 04:56:10)

#2 2012-09-01 14:58:29

SantaFe

Re: Mousewheel Scrolls in Opposite Directions

Have you tried clicking on Menu/Settings/Mouse And Touchpad?  Look below in the Devices tab (should open to that automatically) & see if Reverse Scroll Direction is checkmarked?  If it is, uncheckmark it & it should go back to normal.  You might have to pick the mouse/touchpad from the Device menu if there's more than one device listed.

Last edited by SantaFe (2012-09-01 14:59:20)

bah weep grana weep ninny bon. big_smile

#3 2012-09-04 05:00:35

daniel227

Re: Mousewheel Scrolls in Opposite Directions

thanks. it's not checked.
checking it helps in the default xubuntu session.
but with openbox i'm not using the session manager anymore, so in my openbox session, i check it, but no change, also it unchecks itself.
what is taking care of the mouse anyway?

Board footer