Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-14 06:06:34

jth
Website

Maximum number of clients reached - cannot open display...

Hi,

Changed to xfce 4.10 (on OpenSuse 11.4, Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.20-desktop, 8GB Ram on a 4x3.2 GHz AMD Phenom machine) a couple days ago.

"Maximum number of clients reached - cannot open display..."

Now I get this error after some hours of opening (and somtimes closing and reopening) of several apps (e.g. firefox, gimp, some lxterms...), just a usual workdays load. Google showed me some chrome and ff related issues on this, but I'm not using any of the named progs and addons. Xlsclients never shows much clients as well as xrestop. Finally I found out that part of the problem is the new tab preview in firefox. OK, disabled this. Things are a lot better, thought solved. At least the error returns, just later because of the fewer load without the ff tab preview thing.

I'm unsure whether it's a xfce thing, maybe xorg too but xorg is V1.9.3 Release Date: 2010-12-13.

Would be glad if someone has an idea...

Thx

jth

P.S. another detail: maybe shortly before the above error occurs a new opened lxterm is not positioned in foreground and not focused although that is the behavior set in the setup (and usually works).
And closing some programs/displays does not help much, so maybe closing ff allows you to open a new lxterm, but maybe not. Logout from xfce always helps...

Last edited by jth (2012-09-14 06:24:28)

Board footer