Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-24 15:06:33

dsman195276

Hello

Hi everyone,

I've been using Linux for almost two years now, mostly hopping around from distro to distro. So far, I've been using ArchLinux for the past 3 months or so. But I've been installing and trying out Gentoo recently, since using distcc makes it a somewhat viable option for my laptop (A Intel Atom has a bit of trouble compiling an entire OS...).

That being said, I've also been hopping around from DE to DE for a while now (That was most of the reason for going from distro to distro was to try out other DE's). Personally, I don't really have anything against any of them, I've used GNOME2/3 with success, Unity LXDE, KDE, etc. (Even an XMonad setup which I sometimes use in Xfce). I always find myself comming back and installing Xfce though, simply because it has a nice mix of features and a fairly high degree of stability and polish in my opinion.

Currently, I'm in college studying Computer Science and Engineering and I've been programming for 5 or so years now. I know C and C++ as well as some other languages. I haven't ever done any GTK programming but I'm pretty interested in learning it. I'd love to help with Xfce development if possible, is there anything specefic I should look into learning (such as GTK) so that I could help?

Thanks,

Matt

Board footer