Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-09 08:29:34

jpab

Desktop icons hidden behind panel

My panel layout is one top panel and one (left) side panel. The side panel is just used for window buttons, and is as wide as I can set it (128 pixels) so that the (normal, horizontal, non-rotated) buttons can display some text.

When I log in, the icons on my desktop (which happen to be in the far left column of the grid) are hidden behind the left side panel. If I open the panel preferences dialog then the icons snap into a more sensible position.

I'm assuming this is a setup/configuration error, but if no one has any suggestions I'll post a bug report.

Distribution: ArchLinux
Xcfe Version: 4.8
xcfe4-panel version: 4.8.6
xfdesktop version: 4.8.3
xfwm version: 4.8.2
Session manager: SLiM (1.3.2; Arch package release 6)

I also have a couple of other problems with this panel layout (max panel width of 128 pixels is irritating, and the two panels overlap if they're both set to 100% length), but those can wait for other posts. For now I'd just like the desktop icons to be positioned sensibly when I log in.

#2 2011-11-11 06:41:05

jpab

Re: Desktop icons hidden behind panel

#3 2013-01-09 01:59:59

nickroklaus

Re: Desktop icons hidden behind panel

I had the same problem. In panel preferences, disabling 'Lock panel' or disabling 'Automatically increase the length' solved it in my situation. My panel is 100% length along the left side of the desktop, so the second way works fine for me.

Board footer