Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-02 12:51:37

jago25_98

Snap to sides Thunar

I really like the "aerosnap" like effect where you drag to the bottom of the screen and it tiles to the bottom, top the top etc.

But when I drag to the side the window goes to the next workspace. I would prefer that not to happen, or ideally, have a delay before switching to the next workspace. I prefer to have the window manager manging the file manager view layout rather than using Dolphin so I can have 3 windows if I like. 

What makes it a bit confusing in looking for help is all the terminology with window managers and linux. Perhaps I need to make a cheatsheet.

Workspace =
Desktop = i.e. KDE, Gnome, XFCE
Viewport =
Window Manager = i.e.
"Screen" = an X11 term to refer to each monitor?
Display Manager = xorg, X11
ICCCM focus hint =
Tooltips = The thing you see when you pause hover over something with your mouse
Panel = most people would recognise this as the bar at the bottom of the screen in Microsoft Windows
Dock = most people would recognise this as the thing at the bottom of the screen in Apple OS-X
Splash = loading menu for the desktop
MIME = otherwise known as "filetypes" i.e. .pdf or .html, .jpg. Helps you set whatever program yoiu want to use to open it.

Perhaps if we had some of the jargon in a hint of that day and had a random hint shown on the splash screen?

#2 2013-02-02 14:35:41

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Snap to sides Thunar

But when I drag to the side the window goes to the next workspace. I would prefer that not to happen

Have a look at: Window Manager -> Advanced -> Wrap workspaces.....

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer