Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-23 01:49:40

bthielman
Website

wireless+static

I have a static network permitting me to host a website, however I also want to use the "Kindle Fire" which my daughter got me for Xmas. It requires wireless and I can do wireless, however I have been unable to figure out how to do BOTH wireless and static on the same box "at the same time". Please - any hints or suggestions.

Literacy/GED Tutor

#2 2013-03-24 13:31:13

MountainDewManiac

Re: wireless+static

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean by "a static network." At first I thought you meant a static IP address - but a LOT of people have those, since (I think) those whose Internet access is via a cable modem have that, and AfaIK none of them have issues with their WiFi because of it.

So... Do you mean "an Ethernet cable" when you mention "static network?" Because that seems to be the alternative to "wireless."

Or do you mean something else than either of those two?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2013-03-24 18:57:58

bthielman
Website

Re: wireless+static

Sorry MDM,

I do mean that I have a static IP address, and I am able to activate my wifi while using my static IP address, however, I appear to lose my hosting capability if I do activate my wifi. My website is no longer available! sad That is what I do not understand and am trying to fix!

thanks MDM

Literacy/GED Tutor

Board footer