Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-17 03:24:43

Taildragger

[Solved] multiple "Display" configuration screens showing upon booting

When I boot into Xubuntu, the "Display" configuration box shows up, FIVE OF THEM, (I guess so I can choose the best resolution for the screen??)

A few days ago I had it hooked to my TV with a RGB cable and was using the F8 key (external monitor) to use the TV as an external monitor, with limited success, and ever since have had this problem. I have to "close" them or hit the X to close each of them every time. Rebooting does not solve it.  I don't know if this is a Xubuntu problem or a XFCE problem. Thanks in advance!

I'm Running Xubuntu (Ubuntu 12.04 Precise) with XFCE 4.8 on an Asus 1005 netbook, dual booted with XP, but almost never use the XP

#2 2013-04-04 01:58:24

Taildragger

Re: [Solved] multiple "Display" configuration screens showing upon booting

For those who might find this thread for the same problem, I fixed the problem by going to:

Settings Manager > Session and Startup > Application Autostart (or session)

and changed something, can't remember exactly what,  possibly unchecking  XFCE settings helper, rebooting, and rechecking it.  Or, under Session, going to XFCE4-panel, go the right and left click on whatever word is there, and changing it to "immediately".   Thanks for the help, and hope this helps someone.

#3 2013-05-02 12:29:54

AngelG

Re: [Solved] multiple "Display" configuration screens showing upon booting

Well, if it doesn't work for somebody, there's a topic on the same problem: http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=6828

Board footer