Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-24 09:36:08

math4tots

xfce key binding configuration file.

Hi,

I wanted to set some hotkeys to start some custom applications, but the Settings -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts, seems to be really buggy.
I remember when I used to use openbox/Zenix I could edit a rc.xml file to customize my keybindings.

Is there some xml or other text/configuration file I could modify manually to set up custom key bindings in xfce / Xubuntu?

Thanks.

#2 2011-11-24 12:21:52

angstrom

Re: xfce key binding configuration file.

If that is that "buggy", may be you can help the devs by filling a bug in https://bugzilla.xfce.org/

The configured keyboard shortcuts are stored in : ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml
And the system default (at least on OpenSuse 12.1) : /etc/xdg/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml

Last edited by angstrom (2011-11-24 12:33:49)

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#3 2013-04-18 09:18:02

francavi

I have xubuntu 12.04 fresh installed. Customized shortcuts do not work for me with automatic login. When I log out and in again, they work.

How can I fix this problem?

all the files with name
xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml
whereever they are, are the same (I copied my local one, that with my customizations)

#4 2016-08-16 02:05:01

Fatima

Setting HotKeys in XFCE using Settings -> Settings Manager -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts is easy. The application is not really buggy, it is just a bit counterintuitive.

1. open the system console and try out the command that you want to use, until you got it right. then copy it using mouse or by using ctrl-shift-c

2. launch the app ( Settings -> Settings Manager -> Keyboard -> Application )

3. click the "Add" button

4. paste the debugged command

5. press enter

6. on the next screen, just press the key that you want to use (for example, in my case, "print screen") or the combination of keys that you want to use (press them all together)

7. Voilà! your shortcut is created

Board footer